VIDEO: MAKING BOLOGNESE SAUCE AND PASTA
Sheree DeLorenzo's Bolognese Sauce
I love to make this sauce on a Sunday Morning and have my home smell delicious all day. It is a love meal.
This sauce takes a lot of time ~ It should simmer for four to five hours ~ But it does not require much skill or effort. Once all the vegetables are chopped, add all ingredients and stir. Let go for 5 hours. This gives me plenty of time to shower, relax and enjoy my day before my dinner guests arrive.
1 medium onion
3 small carrots
3 stalks of celery
1 lb of ground beef
1 lb of ground pork
1 lb of ground veal
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 cup whole milk
1 cup of dry white wine
2 15 oz cans of whole tomatoes with juice
Parmigiano~Reggiano Cheese for grating
- Finely chop onion, carrot, and celery. In a heavy saucepan or dutch oven cook all ground meats. Add chopped vegetables raise heat to medium and cook.
- Add seasonings, salt, pepper and allspice
- Add milk and simmer about 30 minutes
- Add tomatoes and squish with hands
- Add wine and simmer for 5 hours and then taste and season again.
Boil pasta and toss with sauce top with lots of Parmigiano cheese, serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
- I jar this sauce and give to my friends
- My favorite part is squishing the tomatoes with my hands great stress release.
|After is cooks for Several Hours!|
|The Sauce Thickens and Cooks Down, makes the House smell so GOOD!|